- We may sell or give your data to other companies for their marketing purposes without your permission.
- Information that you post in our community and through our features is available to members of the public.
- We collect images and words that you post and the information you provide about yourself and your response time, to personalize your Qwikword experience. This information is publicly available.
- Other people can find the images and words that you post and responses thereto in a search.
(EFFECTIVE AS OF MARCH 20, 2015)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The types of information we collectThere are several areas where you can submit information to us, and some features that automatically collect information from the users of our Service and visitors to our website. Information you give us:
To enable you to enjoy certain features of our Service, we collect certain types of information, including personally identifiable information, during your interactions with our Service, which you can log into by e-mail, via Facebook, via Twitter, or via Google Plus. For example, we collect information when you:
- Register to use our Service;
- Enter information in your Profile;
- Post images or words and respond to images or words posted by other users (including your response time), use community and social networking features that are part of our Service, or send us emails;
- Participate in polls, contests, or other features of the Service, or respond to offers or advertisements on the Service; and
- Sign up to receive email newsletters.
After you register, you may provide certain information, which includes (but may not be limited to) your email address, your first and last name, date of birth, nationality, job status, gender, and zip code, as well as a password for your user account.
Information we receive from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties and store it in our databases with other information (including personally identifiable information) that you provide to us.
Information that we receive from other users
We may collect information about you from people who have stored information about you when they elect to use our social networking or community features, or when they enable connectivity with another website or application where they have stored such information.
Automatic Data Collection
Information about your computer or device:
Advertisers, and the third-party advertising companies with whom we or our advertisers partner to deliver ads to you, may place or recognize a unique cookie or similar technology on your browser in order to collect information about your visits to the Service.
How we use the information we collect:
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To customize and personalize the advertising and the content you see.
- To send you information about topics that we think will be of interest to you.
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Service.
- To sell that information to third parties.
We may make your personally identifiable information available to other companies, websites, applications or people. For example we may share:
- Information you choose to provide in the course of your use of the Service and by participating in community and social networking features such as forums, or other forms of public communication and interaction.
- Information you allow us to share when you register with us.
- Information used when we hire, partner with or sell information to third parties.
- Your registration data, when we jointly offer certain features or services with third parties. Such third parties may have different data collection, use and sharing practices than us, and you should review their applicable privacy policies.
- We may share your information with a third party when we jointly offer a service or a feature with that third party, such as connectivity with other websites or applications, to provide personalization to the Service.
- If you unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to you on behalf of a third party, we may share your removal instructions with the third party so that your email address may be added to that company’s list of people to whom they will not send emails directly.
- We may share your information in connection with increases in the capital of Qwikword or other means of obtaining additional funds in Qwikword or to grow the Qwikword business.
- We may share your information in order to (i) protect or defend the legal rights or property of Qwikword, our business partners, employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of Qwikword’s users or members of the public including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law or legal process.
How your information may be shared:
Your Profile is visible to other users and to the public. Please keep in mind that as a result of our partnerships, including, Facebook’s Instant Personalization, some of the people who may be looking at your profile or your activities on the Service may be your Qwikword friends, or your friends on other social networks, including Facebook. In addition, such friends may share information about you with other third parties, including their friends on other social networks.How we protect your information
We have implemented commercially reasonable physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personally identifiable information. Despite our efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Consent to processing
How can I change my settings?
To modify your registration information: Select Settings. On that page, you can change all your registration information (including your email address and password). Make sure to hit Save changes when you’re done.
Your California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties. If you wish to make such a request or have any questions about Qwikword’s information sharing practices, you may contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com.